Saturday, October 18, 2014

Festival of lights




Are you all excited for the Festival of Lights.This year Diwali falls on october 22 2014 on chathurdasi and amavasya on october 23 2014.Our family is getting ready for Diwali.My kids are excited about the fireworks ,delicious sweets and savouries.
I think everybody's house is getting cleaned and patios are decorated with lights to welcome the festival.
In our community we are planning for a Diwali party on the weekend following Diwali.This time we have decided to cook in groups and have lots of fun in the party.
I wish everyone a HAPPY DIWALI and advise to burst crackers safely.
Nowadays I think most of the people are not bursting crackers as it pollutes the environment.
For the folks in USA I think everyone will have a fun filled evening program for Diwali at the temple watching the fireworks,cultural programs.I have one at our temple in Arizona.My kids are all excited for the Diwali night.

wishing you all a Great Diwali Ahead!!!







No comments: